Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy
creativity and worthwhile accomplishments . . . in this we make a difference!

Saturday 8 February 2014

Birthday

It was my birthday last week and I want to share a couple of cards I received.
This beautiful card was made by Linda Kendrick.  She has masked En Francais and then stamped on top with Field Flowers, a 2-step stamping set.  The Happy Birthday has been typed and then punched out using the Modern Label Punch.  A little punched butterfly completes the picture.


Lesleys card is a bendy card in slate gray and the flowers Petite Petals and matching punch are from the new Celebrate the Everyday Catalogue.  I love the colours she has used.  It is so like a balcony with cascading flowers!  The leaves are Little Leaves Sizzlits.

On another note, I had a Tim Holtz moment and was looking at his blog and what he got up to at CHA, the big trade fair in the States recently.   I hadn't done any sort of grungy, mixed media stuff lately, as I had been caught up with Stampin' Up! and their 'nice' way of crafting, it was about time to get my hands dirty.  I took as inspiration and CASE, a canvas done by Debi Adams.

And...you know what, all the items I used were Stampin' Up!  I was surprised SU has come out of its  'nice' image and embraced the modern world of mixed media and grunge.
I have used the Music sheet from Modern Medley DSP, Stamp sets Gorgeous Grunge, Happy Day; the cork flowers and shapes from SAB, Gold Cardstock for the shapes -  butterfly punch, chevron punch and arrow(thin let), I used White Staz-On for the sentiment and the white small circles are made from the end of a pen dipped into the white Staz-On; Coastal Cabana was swiped over the board and the splotches were inked in Baked Brown sugar; the burlap and gold twine from the new catalogue and topped it off with a bit of Retro Washi tape and a button.  It was all adhered to with Tombow Multi-Purpose glue onto Coaster Board ( thinner than chipboard but sturdier than card stock!), which I scored so it sits on its own.  What do you think?  I would love to know.  Please leave a comment.
This is Debi's original image below.  A great case of CASE - Copy and Share Everything!



1 comment: