Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy
creativity and worthwhile accomplishments . . . in this we make a difference!

Monday 15 July 2013

I hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather. I had a lovely day sitting by the River Thames watching the Kingston Regatta yesterday. Both my daughters row, so a compulsory bit of time out is obligatory. Yesterday was exceptional, I don't like it when the weather is not behaving!
I had a chance to play with the new stamp set 'Perfect Blend' at the weekend. I love this set, it is perfect to give to a friend for a pick me up.
 Using Modern Medley DSP as my background, I stamped some splotches with Gorgeous Grunge, in the new In Colour Baked Brown Sugar. I stamped the coffee cup on watercolour paper in Timber Brown Stazon. I then used my aqua painter to add colour, taking the ink direct from the ink pad. Then I added the sentiment lining it up using my stamp a ma jig on the RHS. The LHS sentiment I stamped and coloured and then cut out to add dimension. Both cups are attached with Dimensionals.  I had an empty coffee cup that I had been using  so I turned it upside down and dipped the rim on the ink pad to get the cup marks. Then some Linen Thread and a Natural Designer Button to finish.
 I added a bit of colour to this one. I love the depth of Bermuda Bay which is an old returning colour and it has joined Stampin' Up!'s Brights collection of colours.  Seam binding ribbon in Crumb Cake and 3 of the new Candy Dots in turquoise finish off this project.
I had some fun with this one. I cut out 2 masks using Post-It notes of the coffee cups. The base is Naturals Ivory card stock with some splotches from Gorgeous Grunge and on the LHS I added a strip from Soho Subway , a new DSP. I took just the word 'coffee' and repeatedly stamped it on the DSP.

I hope you like these projects. If you would like to order this set please email me at nickyjohncock@yahoo.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment