Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy
creativity and worthwhile accomplishments . . . in this we make a difference!

Tuesday 2 April 2013

  
My favourite technique at the moment is reverse masking.


Normally I make a mask of a stamped image. However I decided to use  punches here. Stampin Up! has some lovely punch designs. I have settled for the scallop circle, heart and the blossom punch. It is best to use copy paper for the mask as you want it  to be thin in order to get a clearer outline.

So instead of using the image we punched out we use the surround. Position your mask where you want it on your cardstock, use Post-It notes to keep in place and to cover up any white areas you don't want inked.

I sponge or brayer ink onto the cardstock through the mask. Once you have enough colour on, you can leave it in place and ink up a stamp a shade darker and stamp onto the masked image.
Stamps that have a lot of detail, ie writing 'En Francais' or flowers 'Betsy's Blossoms' are ideal for this.





The card on the left uses the Bigz Die 'Autumn Accents'

I have sponged 3 colours So Saffron, Certainly Celery and Cajun Craze.. Then I stamped several times the words from 'French Foliage' in Cajun Craze.
I finished off with a strip of twill tape and some Naturals Designer buttons threaded with linen thread and a sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment