Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy
creativity and worthwhile accomplishments . . . in this we make a difference!

Wednesday 20 February 2013

I wanted to share with you some  colouring that I have been doing lately.
This is using the Swallowtail stamp from the Spring/Summer catalogue. It is one of Stampin Up!s 'big' stamps, so you can use the whole stamp or just a part of it. I coloured these with SU markers. I love to just sit and colour sometimes, it is so restful.
I have put the three images into a box frame and added some of the sentiments from Creative Elements, available in the Idea Book and Catalogue. What do you think?

Another example of using the Swallowtail stamp, this is a direct case from  Mary Brown aka StamperCamper and if you click on it you can see her original. I didn't have the same DSP as  she has, so I substituted Comfort Cafe DSP. I love the way you can colour the flowers to match your papers. The sentiment here is from 'Word Play'


Depending on how saturated you want your flowers to be, depends what you use to colour them. If you want a really deep saturated colour, press directly onto the ink pad, if you want a subtle effect use your marker to lightly brush across the Flower Trim, available in the current Spring/Summer catalogue.

I am going to leave  you with something very colourful that my daughter Cassie did yesterday using crayons. It is Crayon Art and after sticking the crayons with a hot glue gun to the canvas, out comes the heat gun and  they start dribbling!

No comments:

Post a Comment